We’re 4 days into the month of October. September felt like the longest month of my entire life for some reason so I welcomed October with the most open arms I had. October feels like the start of one of the best times of the year for me and I have a lot of goals to accomplish over the next month (and the rest of the year). So, lets talk about those goals.
When I think about my life now, compared to where I was a few years ago, I realize that I’m not doing nearly as much as I used to do. Obviously a big part of that is school. While I was in school, I had plenty of goals to accomplish that would take up all my time… sometimes too much of my time. Another part of that is working. When I was working, I was living for my days off. My goal would be to get through the week to have a couple days off to enjoy myself. Being a mother is a lot of work, of course. My biggest goal during the day is just to be able to get her down for a nap (I’m typing this as my daughter is laying in her swing whining because she does NOT want to fall asleep right now).
This month, I wanted to dedicate an entire blog post to my goals. Hopefully I can mark a few off the list, or all of them would be great. So, without further ado, here are my October goals:
- Weight goals: I want to get down to 155 lbs. I’m still at 158 lbs. I’ll admit, I haven’t been working my butt off in the gym or in my diet like I should be. But, that’s a part of this goal. I want to really commit myself this month and work hard to achieve this goal.
- Money goals: Some of you know from previous blog posts that I’m working on our budget and really shooting for financial freedom in the next few years instead of the next 30-40! I have a major goal of paying off two of our debts this month. Not only that, I have an ongoing issue with our GAP insurance from when we got into a wreck in May and our car was totaled. The little girl who caused the accident had insurance who apparently paid their part, but our GAP insurance didn’t cover any of their part yet. And now the leftover has gone against my credit (frustrating because I worked really hard on keeping my credit really good). So, I’d like to clear all of that up this month if I can. **side note: do not use portfolio co. gap insurance, it has been a nightmare and they have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life.
- Family goals: I want October to be a fun month for my family. I want to do more, without spending more. I think it would be a lot of fun for Andrew and I to do some DIY Halloween decorations for our little home. We also have talked a few times about carving pumpkins together! So, we’re going to go pumpkin picking and come home and carve some pumpkins one night. Hopefully I can write a separate post about how that goes.
- Blog goals: I have got to kick myself into gear and get this blog on track. I would really like to try out affiliate marketing on this blog and see if it really makes me any amount of income (I’m talking even 20 cent… that would still encourage me!).
- Work goals: Yep, you read that right! I found a job that is seemingly perfect for me. It’s at a daycare here (only 5 minutes from my home) and is open M-F. I was hired a couple weeks ago and just got my background check approved. So, I get to start next week. My goal is honestly just to work hard, enjoy it, and be proud of myself for taking this opportunity that will benefit our family so much! Wish me luck.
Working mama’s, how do y’all stay on top of house work, spending time with family, and staying active while working? I’m just so afraid that I’m going to get so behind on things. That’s another extra little goal of mine, to fight the urge to just come home and lay down when I’m feeling tired.